Saturday, February 16, 2013

BACK FROM THE DEAD

WHAAAAAAT?!!?
I know, It's been THAT long since I updated. Well, there is a reason for that. I think along the way I just got bored of my style. It was literally 2 years of not drawing. Little to no drawing anyways. It wasn't until I bought a little tool that gave me MORE confidence in my drawings. Gave me a complete and total fresh start. An iPad. What you see under this, are 100% complete and total iPad paintings and drawings. No outside influence. It's now my weapon of choice. I don't know what happened, I wrestled with the thing for a year and finally I realized what it could do. UGH I'm rambling. Anyways, sorry for the obscenely long absence, I had to do a COMPLETE and TOTAL overhaul both mentally and artistically. ALL criticisms are welcome. 
                I hope you look forward to a lot more, there is a dump truck of other stuff I will post shortly.




























11 comments:

Christopher Hodgey said...

One day I'm going to commision you for some work and pay you in spiceys.

Unknown said...

I always hoped to see some new post!
You are a great and inspiring artist!
Thanks for giving us your art.

Meaghan Peer; said...

Looking awesomer than ever, Shane!
It is a happy feeling indeed when you find your groove again - thanks for sharing it with the world :)


...... The super skate game is freaking me out.

-Megs

Shane Plante said...

HAHAHAH MEAGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!! THANK YOU so much, The nice words mean a lot. How you been? I hope all is well!

Nachshon Rubel said...

man...honestly this is some amazing stuff !!! insane work I love it!glad you're posting again.

Unknown said...

Ok, all of these on the ipad? What apps for drawing/painting are you using. Are you using a stylus pen? How are you acheiving the thick to thin line? I thought the ipad pens couldn't do pressure sensitivity? or does it fake? Anyways i'm totally rethinking purchasing an ipad because of these images...tell me more?!?!

Shane Plante said...

YO DON FLORES WHATS UP LOVE YOUR BLOG OKAY LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS..... Alright, So here's the deal. All you need is... an ipad 3 or 4. The only apps I use are Arte Rage, Sketchbook Pro, and Pro create. ALTHOUGH, there are some SWEET apps coming out now. So do some homework. And for the stylus, I do have a pressure sensative one. I use a POGO COnnect, its pricey, and a bit weak. I already went through one, but then again I'm a klutzy idiot and dropped it like 60 god damm times. Also, get a 13 TARGUS stylus. they are actually AWESOME. If you take the plunge, it will take some time. It took me a year to REAAALLLLYYYY Learn how to take something from start to finish but nevertheless, it'll pay off. They stylus' have a REALLY FAT TIP. I only like it because it keeps my lines SUPER LOOSE. It literally saved my drawings. It'll run you up a fair bit, like, 800 in total maybe? Anyways, anymore questions I'd be happy to ask. LOVE YOUR STUFF, Man...

AlanS said...

SHANE!!!
These are amazing!!!

...Glad you are back!

AL

Shane Plante said...

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH The Next round will be more rough work!

Dan Elder said...

I am here to give you a kick in the rump.. where are these updates man? that last dump was epic, looking for a topper.

Shane Plante said...

HA, I'm trying, Music is really getting in the way, I have like 70 Unfinished paintings, A LOT of warmups though, Maybe just a set of ipad roughs. I'm on to something new here, may take some time to flesh this painting style out.